Organizational leaders that aim to thrive in the marketplace are watching out
for ways to improve their own organizations. Many realize that both external and internal changes to their businesses will often require a reassessment to improve business results.
The Krause Transformation Methodology reveals the factors involved in the successful planning and execution of business transformation. From a foundation of leadership and company culture, an organization provides direction designed to instill motivation to the organization, undergirded by enabling technology, resulting in business transformation.
• leadership: instills urgency, change management sponsorship, and
effective communications with the organization
• company culture: describes the specific ethos, risk culture, and
personality of an organization that should be supported, or, if necessary,
• direction: develops and implements a strategic plan, measures, and
• motivation: helps your organization’s team members increase
productivity and value, including development and execution effective
performance plans and rewards
• technology: enables business transformation, instilled via ITIL good
Budget constraints continue to fuel the need for efficiency in the Federal Government,
requiring consulting advice in Business Transformation, IT Service Management
(ITSM), Risk Management (RM), and Shared Service consolidation opportunities.
Scott combines disinctive DHS Senior Executive Service (SES) experience with
federal operations, as well as in-demand project management and
ITSM qualifications to support your enterprise’s business development goals.
Scott served most recently as Director for Enterprise Risk and Change Management for DHS' National Protection and Programs Directorate. He previously served as The Executive Secretary as well as Chief of Staff and de-facto Deputy to the Under Secretary of Management (USM). He continues to operate within ethical and legal boundaries, as well as post-employment restrictions.
Scott brings hands-on management and business development experience as a director for a top tier management consulting firm.
• Led DHS RM consulting, data center consolidation operations consulting, and DHS Headquarters market strategy, employing ITIL best practice.
• Led a team in the development/implementation of a program management office (PMO) managing a $100M+ per year account, establishing a foundation for project
management efficiency and internal controls improvement.
• Led a team to develop RM and mitigation planning services for cyber security and other critical infrastructure, resulting in DHS SAFETY Act Certification legal protection, the first among "Big Four" accounting firms.
• Captured more than $3 million in commercial and DHS contracts in 2012.
Scott has built key relationships with numerous decision-makers in the DHS ecosystem, including
• DHS leaders
• Business teaming partners
• OMB, GAO front-runners
Scott has improved core business functions across DHS, especially within DHS Headquarters, and has significant relationships across the operational components. HIs drive to build collaborative partners across the enterprise and business community has
sustained goodwill to achieve transformational objectives for DHS.
Recent terrorist activities accentuate the need for companies with threat and vulnerability assessment services to have liability protection from terrorism-related litigation. Your company can gain access to legal protection that is provided by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), through SAFETY Act Certification and Designation.
When DHS reviews your company’s security and risk management capabilities, it has the ability to certify or designate your capabilities as a Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology (QATT), limiting you company’s liability in the event of a terrorist attack.
Benefits of SAFETY Act Certification and
• May limit the legal liability of your
company that manufactures or sells
products or services that have antiterrorism
• Allows usage of the SAFETY Act Seal and
carries additional credibility and
differentiation with commercial and
• Reinforces strong internal controls for
your company’s threat and vulnerability
Krause Transformation LLC provides
the experience to guide your company in
its quest to achieve SAFETY Act liability
protection as a QATT.
• Demonstrated expertise in achieving SAFETY Act certification and
designation of risk management and mitigation planning services
• Understanding of the SAFETY Act certification process, especially in areas
related to process repeatability and internal controls for threat and
vulnerability assessment services
• Hands-on experience in DHS management processes and bureaucracy
• Expertise in risk management, with Project Management Professional
(PMP) and ITIL-based IT Service Management certifications
Krause Transformation LLC will:
• Conduct past performance research with your current and former clients
• Provide expertise regarding scope of services, defining the boundaries of
SAFETY Act liability coverage
• Determine internal controls, processes, and necessary documentation
• Build your company’s SAFETY Act submission package
Copyright © 2018 Krause Transformation - All Rights Reserved.